Wednesday, June 5, 2013

sidewalk chalking

It's only 6 days post surgery and I'm already having a hard time trying to come up with low key activities for my little patient... i.e. things that are not dangerous or could lead to possible falls... running, jumping, etc! You have no idea how many times I use the phrases, "Be careful Phebe!" and "Slow down Phebe!"

Phebe had more than enough energy prior to surgery, she had me on my toes! And even though she is not up to 100% yet, due to her chest/sternum/pain, she is definitely back at where she was prior to surgery! Have I mentioned how difficult it is to lift and carry a child after heart surgery? Especially when you can't pick them up under the arms (for 6 weeks!)... this includes getting on and off the toilet, into and out of the car seat, into and out of the shopping trolley, in and out of the bath, in and out of the crib, in and out of her chair for breakfast/lunch/supper, up and down the stairs... and the list goes on and on. Yep, my back is getting weaker by the minute, because she basically has to sit her bum on my hand before I can lift her up!

Anyway, today I decided a nice little low key chalking activity would be perfect, while I was doing a bit of gardening. Did someone say low key? I doubt Phebe even knows the meaning of those words! Can you even believe this is 6 days post surgery? Unbelievable! And yes, she was totally licking the chalk off her fingers, just what the doctor ordered... not!

sidewalk chalking sidewalk chalking sidewalk chalking sidewalk chalking sidewalk chalking

3 comments:

  1. Oh, she is scrumptious! I love how she really gets into her art projects. There really is now keeping her down is there?! Good luck, Mama.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting SO grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad her surgery went so well! She's like a mini Audrey Hepburn in those petal pushers (minus the chalk eating!).

    My daughter only has a right arm that is about 2 1/2 inches in length and no left arm, so I know a little bit about what you mean in having difficulty lifting. We just always go for the belly. I think it's easier on the back that way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete